So you’ve found the one, congratulations! The first thing after deciding to ask that special girl to spend the rest of her life with you is to figure out how. Think about what she likes. If she loves over the top, romantic comedy style grand gestures you might be renting a hot air balloon. Maybe she’s more low-key and a lovely, intimate dinner will create the perfect setting.
There are thousands of ways to propose, but we’re rounding up some of our favorite ideas to execute while the weather is chilly.
First, choose the Method of Delivery
- If the weather is wintery, draw a heart in the snow and lay a rose and a box in the center.
- Fill a favorite room in your home with photo memories from your relationship.
- Create a scavenger hunt that ends with you in a special place on one knee.
- Make a home cooked meal, or hire a private chef for the evening.
- Propose at a public event (think about if she gets embarrassed easily before putting her on the spot on the jumbotron).
- Hire a skywriter and position her in the perfect spot to see the message.
- Leading up to February 14, leave Valentine's Day cards with sweet messages written inside around the house. Then on Valentine's Day, present them with a box of chocolates containing the ring.
- For a music lover make a playlist of songs that have meaning to the both of you, or that express exactly how you feel about her and play it as you propose.
- Recreate the proposal scene from her favorite romantic comedy.
Then, Pick the Spot
- Maybe it was where you had your first date, first kiss, or spent hours sitting on that one bench in the park just talking.
- We bet you remember where you were when you realized you first loved her, but does she know where that happened?
- Private or public? Will she want to be in a space full of people she doesn’t know, or prefer just the two of you and maybe close friends and family?
Now that you have an incredible plan, pick out the ring! Engagement rings should also be a reflection of the girl who’s going to wear it. At Colombian Emeralds International we have a great selection of rings, from classic diamonds to colored gemstones, each a perfect representation of your love. Shop them in our stores or online.